Wezete  Ethiopian Entertainment Website
Welcome
Login / Register
Advertisement

Latest Articles


  • Egypt to establish military base in Eritrea

    April 17, 2017 (ADDIS ABABA) – The Red Sea Afar Democratic Organization (RSADO), an Eritrean opposition group, claimed on Monday that the Red Sea nation had allegedly granted Egypt green light to build a military base within the country’s territory.

    Officials from the opposition group, quoting “reliable” sources in Eritrea, claimed Asmara has allowed Cairo to acquire a military base in Nora locality at the Dahlak Island for an indefinite period of time. The agreement, RSADO further said, comes in the wake of last week’s high-level visit of the Egyptian delegation to Eritrea. An estimated 20,000 to 30,000 Egyptian naval forces will be deployed at the planned base, officials from the group hinted.

    As it had long been anticipated and if true, Egypt will be Africa’s first and third Arab country to build a military facility in the reclusive East African nation, currently under United Nations sanctions for arming and financing Al-Shabab, a terrorist group allied with al-Qaeda.

    According to previous U.N reports, Eritrea has already leased its port town of Assab to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to establish military bases to ease their coalition battle against Houthi rebels in Yemen.

    Concerned by Saudi and UAE military presence in Eritrea, Ethiopia warned the two Arab nations against supporting what it said was "Asmara’s long-standing destabilizing agenda against Ethiopia".

    Recently, Egyptian leaders have reportedly been engaged in diplomatic efforts for regional countries including Somalia, Somaliland and Djibouti to grant them military and commercial base in their selected soil. However, none of Cairo’s efforts were reportedly successful, prompting the opposition group to disclose this matter.

    Some Ethiopian politicians argue that Egypt’s growing interest to secure military incursion in the Horn of Africa intends to contain Ethiopia’s massive hydro-power project, which Cairo fears the multi-billion dollar dam project being built along Nile River would eventually diminish historic water shares of the North African nation.

    More Here...

     

    Read more »
  • “Branyie” Teddy Afro’s song leak-out, release on social media

    “Branayie”, a single from Teddy Afro’s new album “Ethiopia” has been leaked by unknown individuals, sources told Dire Tube. The single has already been released on social media just before the official day of release of the album in the coming Sunday.

    Filming of the video clip for Branaye has been started a month ago in Gojjam, Amhara. Branaye has said to have based on Bezabih and Seblewengel’s, Ethiopian version of Romeo and Juliet from Haddis Alemayehu’s “Firkir Eskemekabir” novel.

    “I don’t know who did that but, the single has already been stolen,” Amleset Muche, a renowned Modelist and Film Actress, a wife of Teddy Afro also told Dire Tube.

    “Ethiopia”, a song and the title for the new-to-be-released-album has released last week, just two days before Ethiopian Easter and hit the record for over hundreds of thousands viewers. Ethiopia song has received over 862,000 viewers on Teddy Afro’s You Tube channel within five days of release.

    Read more »
  • Suge Knight Claims He Knows Who Killed 2Pac And Insists They Were Really After Him

    Back in September of 1996, Suge Knight was driving the BMW that got riddled with the bullets that killed 2Pac. While it was always thought that 2Pac was the intended target (due to a scuffle that went down at the Tyson fight Suge and 'Pac were attending), Knight is now saying he was the one they were shooting at.

    This new information comes from a signed affidavit that Knight's attorney Thaddeus Culpepper released. Knight says that it was his ex-wife Sharitha and former Death Row security chief Reggie Wright, Jr. who were behind the hit, and it was Knight, not 'Pac, who they were gunning for. This information is reportedly in the new documentary Tupac Assassination: Battle for Compton, and Knight says everything they presented in this doc is true.

    A spokesperson for the film reportedly told Music News that "Culpepper told Carlin individually that not only did Knight confirm the events as portrayed in Compton, which portray Knight was the intended target and Shakur as collateral damage, as true, but also goes on to allege that these 1996 events may have been the first in a history of attempts on Knight's life, culminating in the recent attempted killing of Knight at the 1OAK Club in Los Angeles, where Knight was shot six times."

    Interestingly enough, Knight was adamant that he wouldn't tell the police who killed 'Pac if he knew who it was just two months after 'Pac died. On national television, no less.

    Reggie Wright Jr. told AllHipHop in 2015 that multiple people have tried to connect him with 2Pac's death, and that "all these people are dropping dead. I keep telling people God don’t like ugly. I hope people learn a lesson from this." That's eerie as f*ck, and can be taken a couple of different ways. Either way, there's currently no word on if authorities will be pursuing more with Wright. 

     

    Read more »
  • Pilot mistakenly plays her explicit video

    While most airlines provide an endless stream of movies and TV shows to keep flyers occupied,a South African airline female pilot,identified as Patience Thusi recently made headlines when she mistakenly played her own private material,a video of her bathing instead of a movie.

     

    The embarrassing video which she insisted was recorded for fun by her boyfriend has landed her in trouble as the airline intends to temporarily suspend her from her duties whilst she is on half salary.

     

    ”I really apologize for the mix up it wasn’t my intention to be honest,to those 125 passengers who were on-board please have a heart and forgive me,I’m truly sorry I promise that will never happen again”, said Patience.

    According to a report,some na_ughty, mostly male passengers were seen glued on their plane TV screens having a ‘dosage’ for the long journey,busy recording with their mobile phones.

    All hell broke loose when the video was immediately reposted on YouTube by one of the passengers and the matter reached the management in the blink of an eye.

    ”We didn’t expect that from her as she is the one of our most decent staff members, unfortunately she is more likely to be charged for public indec_ency as well. Although she insists it was a mistake,police don’t usually care whether it was done out of a mistake or not”,said the South African Airways spokesperson,Mr Edward Thompson.

    Source : Online

    Read more »
RSS