Wezete  Ethiopian Entertainment Website
Welcome
Login / Register
Advertisement

global news


  • Suge Knight Claims He Knows Who Killed 2Pac And Insists They Were Really After Him

    Back in September of 1996, Suge Knight was driving the BMW that got riddled with the bullets that killed 2Pac. While it was always thought that 2Pac was the intended target (due to a scuffle that went down at the Tyson fight Suge and 'Pac were attending), Knight is now saying he was the one they were shooting at.

    This new information comes from a signed affidavit that Knight's attorney Thaddeus Culpepper released. Knight says that it was his ex-wife Sharitha and former Death Row security chief Reggie Wright, Jr. who were behind the hit, and it was Knight, not 'Pac, who they were gunning for. This information is reportedly in the new documentary Tupac Assassination: Battle for Compton, and Knight says everything they presented in this doc is true.

    A spokesperson for the film reportedly told Music News that "Culpepper told Carlin individually that not only did Knight confirm the events as portrayed in Compton, which portray Knight was the intended target and Shakur as collateral damage, as true, but also goes on to allege that these 1996 events may have been the first in a history of attempts on Knight's life, culminating in the recent attempted killing of Knight at the 1OAK Club in Los Angeles, where Knight was shot six times."

    Interestingly enough, Knight was adamant that he wouldn't tell the police who killed 'Pac if he knew who it was just two months after 'Pac died. On national television, no less.

    Reggie Wright Jr. told AllHipHop in 2015 that multiple people have tried to connect him with 2Pac's death, and that "all these people are dropping dead. I keep telling people God don’t like ugly. I hope people learn a lesson from this." That's eerie as f*ck, and can be taken a couple of different ways. Either way, there's currently no word on if authorities will be pursuing more with Wright. 

     

    Read more »
  • Kenyans flee Ethiopian border for fear of clashes after gun attack

     

    Kenyans are fleeing the Ethiopian border for fear of a clash between the Dassanach community of Ethiopia and the Turkana following the killing of an elder last month.

    Ethiopian elder Lobakate Lobolemai was shot dead on July 31 by a Turkana gunman during a church service in Turkana North Sub-county. The attacker stormed the church and selectively shot Lobolemai. The elder had crossed to Kenya with members of Dassanach Catholic Church from Koro and Omorate villages in South Omo, Ethiopia, to attend the 10th anniversary of Our Lady of Peace Todonyang Catholic Mission at the border point. The Ethiopian authorities gave Kenya a week, which ended last week, to produce the suspect in court. Members of the Dassanach community threatened an unspecified action if the assailant is not apprehended. This killing is likely to disrupt a peace accord between the two communities, which ended several years of bloody conflicts along the border. “We are troubled by this incident. We fear the Dassanach community will retaliate. The suspect has spoiled peace that we have been enjoying in this region. Tension is now high between the communities,” said Todonyang resident Osman Eleman. 
    Read more at: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000211908/kenyans-flee-ethiopian-border-for-fear-of-clashes-after-gun-attack

    Read more »
  • Italian father of adopted Ethiopian boy appeals to Apple to unblock dead son's iPhone

    A grieving father in Italy has written to Apple’s chief executive, Tim Cook, to beg him to unblock his dead son’s iPhone so he can retrieve the photographs stored on it.

    If the US tech giant fails, he said he would turn to the Israeli mobile forensics firm that reportedly helped the FBI crack the iPhone used by gunman Syed Farook in the San Bernardino attack in December.

    “Don’t deny me the memories of my son,” architect Leonardo Fabbretti wrote.

    Fabbretti’s son, Dama, who was adopted from Ethiopia in 2007, was diagnosed with bone cancer in 2013 after a skiing accident and died in September aged 13 after a series of operations and chemotherapy sessions failed to cure him.

    “I cannot give up. Having lost my Dama, I will fight to have the last two months of photos, thoughts and words which are held hostage in his phone,” he said in the letter, sent on 21 March.

    “I think what’s happened should make you think about the privacy policy adopted by your company. Although I share your philosophy in general, I think Apple should offer solutions for exceptional cases like mine.” Read more on the story

     

    Read more »
RSS